The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is seeking an experienced, skilled, and highly motivated Theater Manager to support the Assistant Vice President, Operations.
The Theater Manager is a key member of the Operations team, reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Operations. Above all, the Theater Manager ensures the delivery of Great Guest Service to everyone entering through our front doors. An understanding and appreciation of best practices in accessibility and inclusivity in accordance to the Americans with Disability Act is a critical component of the position. Other responsibilities include managing the Front of House (FOH) staff and serving as the liaison to FOH subcontracted service providers, such as concessions, parking, police and security, among others. As the person ultimately responsible for the guest experience in the public areas, the Theater Manager also helps to coordinate the various needs of other departments who require lobby activation in a thoughtful and balanced manner. The position requires an appreciation for diplomacy, teamwork and relationship building. The Theater Manager is also responsible for budgeting and tracking the expenses associated with front of house operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to items on this list.
• As needed, and in collaboration with the House Managers, serve as the authority and point person for Front of House operations during performances and events.
• Manage and schedule FOH staff including, House Managers, Tier Leaders (head ushers).
• Work closely with Director of Volunteer Services manage and schedule needed volunteer ushers.
• Execute and advocate programs that promote accessibility and inclusivity of diverse audience. Example of these programs are, American Sign Language translation, audio described performances (incl. touch tours) and closed-captioned performances.
• Assure the best possible guest experience, in accordance to the Arsht Center’s “Great Guest Service” program.
• Help to develop new programs that keep the Arsht Center at or ahead of guest service trend.
• With the help of the House Managers, assure a “Show Ready” lobby and house prior to all performances and events, as well as the assurances of returning the lobbies back to show ready status after performances.
• Coordinate FOH needs with engineering and housekeeping.
• Coordination of FOH Service Providers to include, concessions, area parking partners, valet parking, County police, EMT, and other vendors and needed.
• Cultivate collaborative relationships with FOH staff of Resident Companies, presenting partners and visiting artists.
• Coordinate the needs of stakeholders (sponsors, marketing/PR, visiting companies, vendors) with thoughtful consideration to the flow of guest traffic and overall experience.
• Assure timely submission of settlement documents.
• Review House Management Show Reports for topics of concern.
• Oversee and drive guest recovery efforts.
• Other duties as assigned.