The Group Leaders will demonstrate and help campers learn dance steps and assist them with activities in other classes. Group leaders are responsible for a group of approx. 25 campers, accompanying them to and from classes and meals, and providing support throughout the day. Successful candidate will be a positive young professional role model in and out of program for campers.
Group Leader Responsibilities
• Five-day work week – Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Bus monitoring duties requires beginning earlier and finishing later than the regularly scheduled times
• Accompany AileyCampers to all classes, providing oversight of campers as well as individual attention and guidance
• Participate and oversee campers as directed on weekly field trips
• Monitor and lead camper group all day between classes through the Arsht campus
• Participate in the general oversight of the campers, including breakfast duty, and camper free periods
• Participate in all AileyCamp Miami staff meetings
• Monitor campers’ behavior and act as a liaison between campers, faculty members, and AileyCamp Director
• Aid instructors during classes and rehearsals as determined by class instructor and Director.
• Report individual campers’ needs to Personal Development Instructor, Camp Counselor and the Director
• Aid instructors in producing camper progress evaluations at midterm and the end of camp.
• Participate in and provide support wherever needed for the final camp presentation
• Assist in choreographing a dance piece with all campers for the Final Performance
• Voluntarily participate in the background checks required for employment including but not limited to federal and sex offender checks and finger printing
• Attend a mandatory 3-day staff orientation on June 19, 20, and 21
• Other duties as necessary
• Ability to communicate dance concepts through demonstration and verbal explanations
• Currently working in the performing arts disciplines of either theater or dance preferred
• Excellent leadership skills including an ability to command respect and motivate achievement while working effectively with young people
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well to a diverse population, and work as part of a team
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks with completing deadlines in a self-directed, prioritized and calm manner
• Flexibility to meet changing needs and priorities as they occur
• Minimum of 1 school year of dance training in a college or professional setting
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Have a strong work ethic, be proactive and take initiative
Suggestions for candidates and expressions of interest should be addressed to:
Email: email@example.com, Group Leader – AileyCamp Miami search in the title line.
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an Equal Opportunity Employee